Claiming Lost Wages During COVID-19
Are you wondering if you qualify for lost wages because of unforeseen circumstances due to COVID-19? Are you eligible for paid leave to take care of a sick family member? What are your options when you are unable to work because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Rastegar Law Group can answer these questions and help you stay informed of your employment rights during these unprecedented times.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), certain employers (public employers and private employers with less than 500 employees) must provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.
What does that mean for wages?
You may be eligible for two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at your regular rate of pay because you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and must be quarantined, two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at two-thirds of your regular rate of pay because you need to care for an individual subject to quarantine or a child whose school or child care provider is closed, or up to an additional 10 weeks of paid expanded family and medical leave at two-thirds of your regular rate of pay because you need to take care of a child..
How do you qualify?
You qualify if you are an employee of a covered employer who has experienced any of the following:
- You are subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19; or,
- You have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19; or,
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and are seeking a medical diagnosis; or,
- You are caring for an individual who is subject to an order as described in subparagraph (1) or has been advised as described in paragraph (2); or,
- You are caring for a child whose school or place of care has been closed, or whose child care provider is unavailable, for reasons related to COVID-19; or,
- You are experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
If you have experienced any of these situations, you may be eligible for paid leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
How can Rastegar Law Group help?
If you believe you have experienced any of these situations, talking to an attorney at Rastegar Law Group can be helpful. Our attorneys are experienced in helping people with Wage and Hour and other employment related claims. Rastegar Law Group attorneys are happy to help you learn more about your rights to paid leave. Contact us for a free and confidential consultation. We work on a contingency basis, meaning we charge no fee until and unless we recover for you.
San Diego and Los Angeles Employment Attorneys
If you are in need of an employment attorney, contact Rastegar Law Group today for a free and confidential consultation. We work on a contingency basis, meaning we charge no fee until and unless we recover for you. You can contact us online or call us at (310) 961-9600.