Joshua Lange litigates cases from their inception through trial and appeal, in state and federal court, exclusively on behalf of employees against companies for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour claims. Since 2010, his efforts have resulted in several seven figure settlements and numerous others in the six-figure range.
Appellate Victories: As lead counsel, Joshua Lange successfully briefed and argued a recent appeal that reversed the trial court ruling, resulting in a published decision and brand new California law regarding the provision of rest breaks, in Rodriguez v. EME, Inc., (April 22, 2016) 246 Cal. App. 4th 1027.
Certified Class Actions: Joshua Lange has also successfully briefed, argued and won three recent motions for class certification in the following cases:
• Suchilt v. Syed Irfan Ahmad, Inc., Case No. CIVDS1010505 (San Bernardino, CA)
• Sanchez v. Jose's Mexican Food, Inc., et al., Case No. RIC1213710 (Riverside, CA)
• Rodriguez v. EME, Inc., Case No. BC518692 (Los Angeles, CA)
Speaking Engagements: Orange County Bar Association, Annual Labor and Employment Symposium, Developments in Wage and Hour Law, June 2016, Guest Speaker
Awards and Recognition: American Society of Legal Advocates "Top 40 Lawyers Under 40" in Labor and Employment
Professional and Community Organizations
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
• Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
• California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
Education and Background: Prior to beginning his litigation career, Mr. Lange:
• Completed an externship for Judge A. Wallace Tashima on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• Participated in the year-long International Justice Clinic at the UCLA School of Law in order to assist in the prosecution of war criminals in Europe's Balkan region
• Interned for the District Attorney's Office in Los Angeles, California and Memphis, Tennessee
Mr. Lange was admitted to the California Bar in 2010. He received his law degree from UCLA School of Law and his undergraduate degree from the University of Memphis (summa cum laude).
Rastegar Law Group, APC
Rastegar Law Group is a law firm consisting of attorneys and legal solutions advocates dedicated to service and achieving the best outcomes in the difficult situations facing our clients.