Civil Rights Attorneys in Los Angeles and San Diego
Your Civil Rights are enshrined in many sources, most importantly the Constitutions of the United States and the State of California. In addition, many civil rights are grounded in statutes passed by Congress and by the California State Legislature, such as the Unruh Act, Title VII, 42 USC § 1983 and several more civil rights laws.
If an employer has denied or violated your rights, the civil rights attorneys at Rastegar Law Group are here to help. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. We don’t collect a fee until and unless we recover for you.
Civil Rights Laws
As noted above, there are many important laws that guarantee certain civil rights to individuals.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964
Famously, the Civil Rights Act prohibited discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in the workplace, public accommodations, public facilities, and agencies receiving federal funds, and strengthened prohibitions on school segregation and discrimination in voter registration.
California Civil Rights Laws
The Ralph Civil Rights Act (California Civil Code Section 51.7) forbids acts of violence, because of (for example) your race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, political party, or your part in a labor dispute.
The Bane Civil Rights Act (California Civil Code Section 52.1) forbids anyone from interfering by force or by threat of violence with your federal or state constitutional or statutory rights.
If you feel you have been denied your Civil Rights for any reason, please contact our civil rights attorneys for a free and confidential consultation. At Rastegar Law Group, there is no fee unless and until we obtain a recovery for you.
Common Civil Rights Violations
Some common Civil Rights violations include:
- Any discrimination by a business establishment against a customer because of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language or immigration status.
- Use of excessive force or other abuse by law enforcement officers.
- Search of your home, vehicle, or person without probable cause.
- Denial of public accommodations by hotels, restaurants and similar establishments on account of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, or any other unlawful discriminatory reason.
- Violence or threat of violence on account of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, or any other unlawful discriminatory reason.
Civil Rights Lawyer Los Angeles
The civil rights attorneys at Rastegar Law Group are here to help you defend your civil rights. We have offices in Torrance (outside Los Angeles) and San Diego. We also frequently litigate in several other California cities including Bakersfield, Fresno, San Jose, Sacramento, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, and more.
Contact the civil rights lawyers at Rastegar Law Group for a free case evaluation today. We don’t charge a fee until and unless we make a recovery for you.
Schedule Your Free Evaluation Today!
You can contact us online by filling out form below, or call us at (888) 961-LAW1.